I see Friday Favorites post in the blog world all the time and I thought to do one as well. Super fun way to start off the weekend.
- This one is old but there is something really raw and open in this video. 20 strangers kiss for the first time. http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/20-strangers-kiss-for-the-first-time-dnpa/
- Magic by Coldplay – He is a GENIUS!!!!!
- Le Revenants on Netflix. In the words of Oprah the show is AAAMAAZING. I started watching it after reading a review of the Resurrection online. I love the French version a lot. The one on ABC has lost something.
- My Breville Juice Fountain Plus.
- Leveret Pajamas! Squeal.
- Spring weather. Although not loving the yellow pollen in the South.
- Nike summer tennis collection.
The 2014 reading project is not going well. It is march 31 (where does the time go! FYI – it goes faster when you have kids) and I have only read 8 books so far. Not bad but definitely not where I want to be. I think the reason for this is the fact that we just added a TV to our bedroom and I am catatonic-ally watching shows every evening before bed. I need to come up with a plan to reduce mindless TV watching. I think the novelty of having a TV in the bedroom will wear off in a couple of weeks and I will be back to reading books in bed by 10:00pm!
I did manage to finish When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde.
I really did not know what to think. This book teaches us about a 100% commitment in a relationship (in this case with a child) no matter where life might lead you. We cannot give up on the people we love. Love is enough. It does have it’s frustrating moments but the message is deep and powerful.
3.5 stars out of 5.
I want to read about 100 books this year. So far I think I have read about 6! Do children’s books count? If so I think I am already at 43. Which brings me to the book I just finished reading – The Dinner by Herman Koch.
Let me be very clear – I wanted to like this book. In some reviews it had been described as “A European Gone Girl”. I did not like how the book left a lot of questions unanswered. It was an engrossing read because you think that secrets will be revealed and questions will be answered in the end but that does not happen. The ending itself is definitely a little shocking but the characters are just not relatable. I give it 3 stars out of 5.
To see the other books I have read so far this year go to 2014 Reads tab.
Here are a few things that have been consuming my time since Monday.
- An amazing 15 and a half month old toddler. I am biased. Since he’s mine 🙂
- This book! I don’u usually read or recommend non fiction self help books but this one is amazing!
- 10 Tips for a productive life.
In the words of Oprah (my idol) I am back. Going to blog at least twice a week (fingers crossed) and focusing in the positive rather than the negative this year. A lot of crap has happened in 2012 but a few beautiful things did as well. If I keep thinking of the negative I am letting the past win. I do not want to let the past win. So here’s to good attitudes and positive vibrations! Cheers.
I turned 35 in November of last year. And as the new year came and went I decided to add a few “now that I am 35” resolutions to my list. Here it is.
- Being more positive – i read somewhere that we should try to promote what we love instead of criticizing what we hate. So true!
- Being more present – life really goes by at warp speed and before you know it you will look back at the years and try to make sense of it all. Be present in everything you do. Life is not a spectator sport.
- Spend more time with people I love.
- Read more.
- Travel more.
- Learn to swim – this is it.
- Let go. It truly is not worth holding onto.
- Drink good wine 🙂
- Cook new foods.
Any new resolutions you are adding onto your list?