I have a confession. I don’t usually like a lot of Spanish Style homes. But this is one I can definitely see myself living in. It is an updated style to the traditional design and I AM IN LOVE. The pop of color (done very tastefully) along with the livability of the space defines balance and perfection. The home belongs to Bob Odenkirk (of Breaking Bad fame) and the images are from Lonny. Let’s swoon over these, shall we?
I love tennis. This is an understatement. I LOVE tennis!!! I love to play it and I love the clothes. My favorite brand is Nike and their collection for the Australian Open seems dynamic and fresh. Here are a few of my faves from the tournament. All items and images are from Tennis Warehouse (purchase them here) and the Australian Open site.
- Maria Sharapova – love the dress. She did customize hers. I personally like the smaller opening in the back but I would have loved to see the original at the tournament as well.
- Serena WIlliams – the color is so fresh and young. She customized her tunic to have a large cutout in the back. I think it’s super flattering. and light.
- What I will be wearing. This outfit makes you look taller. Comes in three colors.
- I don’t usually wear Adidas clothes but I think their Stella McCartney dress looks amazing on Caroline Wozniacki. She is the perfect player for their clothes since some of the separates looked a little off on other players.
- Chrissie by Tail – I love this collection. No one wore it at the open but is a great outfit for the club level player.
I absolutely adore Chrissy Teigen. If I knew her in real life we would be friends (wishes)! I love her instagram account and when I saw the photos in Architectural Digest of her and John Legends apartment in NY I absolutely had to share. The space is super livable but decorated with a timeless modern element. Some of my faves are below (the last one is from their house in LA). More pics can be found here. (My fave is the kitchen with the chess stools)!!
I had a birthday last week. 36. I feel old. I know it’s just a number and 36 is young but I feel old. The last two years have taken a lot out of me (emotionally) and I have added some serious poundage (physically). 6 months ago I found out that the last 11 years of my life have been a lie. I don’t even know how to process a statement like that. So I closed in and shut everything and everyone out. Hence the weight gain.
I sometimes feel like the world is an ocean and I am slowly sinking to the bottom. There are moments when I am not even trying to stay afloat. Do I want to sink to the bottom? No. Absolutely not. That is not the solution. I am doing the bare minimum to survive and that is not how life should be lived. I am trying to swim to the surface and get that euphoric feeling of fresh air in my lungs. It’s hard getting there. It is super hard staying there.
Here are a few things that have been consuming my time since Monday.
- An amazing 15 and a half month old toddler. I am biased. Since he’s mine 🙂
- This book! I don’u usually read or recommend non fiction self help books but this one is amazing!
- 10 Tips for a productive life.
I turned 35 in November of last year. And as the new year came and went I decided to add a few “now that I am 35” resolutions to my list. Here it is.
- Being more positive – i read somewhere that we should try to promote what we love instead of criticizing what we hate. So true!
- Being more present – life really goes by at warp speed and before you know it you will look back at the years and try to make sense of it all. Be present in everything you do. Life is not a spectator sport.
- Spend more time with people I love.
- Read more.
- Travel more.
- Learn to swim – this is it.
- Let go. It truly is not worth holding onto.
- Drink good wine 🙂
- Cook new foods.
Any new resolutions you are adding onto your list?
“Making the decision to have a child – It’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone